Anyone who knows us will know that we are fans of seasonal marketing opportunities. Why? Because, when they are done successfully, we have seen them create significant peaks in our clients’ footfall or profit.
Mother’s Day is a crucial date for marketing in the retail, hospitality, beauty and wellness and leisure sectors. So, what makes a successful Mother’s Day campaign?
- Planning. This can be applied to any seasonal marketing. The earlier you have your Mother’s Day design, print or e-campaigns – the earlier you can get them out to your database or local area. Ideally, you want to provide people with the answer to ‘How can we treat mum this year?’ before they’ve even asked the question.
- Many of our clients are great at seasonal marketing and will Google all the seasonal opportunities, using calendars like this. Then they will sit down with us and plan their campaigns for the year.
- Getting our clients’ Mother’s Day collateral ready early means that we can take the time to create the perfect look and message. You have the time to really think about who you are targeting, what you want to say, what worked well last year and what didn’t.
- Planning in this way makes much better use of your budget. A well-thought out campaign is more likely to ‘cover all bases’ than a rushed job which may omit important (and costly) details, send out the wrong message or not be in keeping with your brand identity.
- The more time we have, the better print deals we can give you.
- You want your customers to see your Mother’s Day offers before your competitors’. This applies to all seasonal marketing.
Hopefully this blog has inspired you to not only contact us now about your Mother’s Day marketing, but to begin planning seasonal marketing opportunities for the rest of the year.
The next question is, what should you send your clients? Well, hopefully we can help with that too – whether it’s
- e-mailers for restaurants and hotels
- vouchers or flyers for spas or retailers
- invitations to Mother’s Day events
- a Mother’s Day themed magazine, mini-catalogue or brochure
- Mother’s Day images for social media
You name it, we can deliver it.